Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Heddie and Dan

Introduce yourself...
Hello there! I'm Heather, aka Heddie, and I'm 27 (soon to be 28 eeeek!).    I live in Brisbane which is in Queensland which is in Australia :) I'm a massage therapist by day (and a superhero ninja pirate by night....nah not really but how cool would that be).  I like all things cute and quirky, and I love love love spending time with my friends for fun times and giggles!
Introduce your accomplice...
My awesome husband's name is Dan, he's a year younger than me, cradle-snatcher that I am!  He is a super IT guy and is the sweetest, funniest and most loving person I know.  He also has an amazing beard, which has been admired by many since he first cultivated it :)  He likes all the same stuff as me and that makes him super cool hehehe
Quick five:
How long have you been together?

In May it will be 6 years that we've been together. Two old farts in rocking chairs on a porch, that's us!

How did you meet?
I'd met Dan at Fee's place at a party in like 2002 but we didn't say much more than hello.  Then I remember talking to Fee on msn, maybe in 2004? and she invited Dan into the conversation cause I wanted a guys advice on some love-life issue I was having - if I remember correctly his advice involved wearing a cape...and I thought to myself "this dude is hilarious"...THEN I met Dan again at Fee's 21st in 2005, an F themed costume party at which I went as a Fairy on crack...and Dan went as a xxxx drinker....match made in heaven??
By the way Fee, we are totally all your fault....thankyou :)
Song/movie/anything that reminds you of your partner? 
Oh man, sooooo many its hard to name any particular one!  I guess the german version of I wanna hold your hand by the Beatles is the main song, since I walked down the aisle to it, but seriously there are so many. Also Jens Lekman "your arms around me" and Aqualung "brighter than sunshine" are a couple from the early early days.  Movies, well again, so many that have special meaning but I would have to say Wayne's World lol Dan knows why :)

Where did you go on your first date? 
Hmm does it count as a first date if other people were there??  lol so thanks to our lovely friends Tom and Fee I arranged a visit at Toms place where Dan could come and it was all casual and stuff (yeah right Heather) and well we hit it off pretty nicely *blush* we all went to the movies on the Sunday of that weekend and saw "crash" which was such a shitty movie but that was ok cause we were too busy focusing on the "to hold hands or not hold hands" conundrum ;)
Our first proper date was when Dan came to stay at my place in Toowoomba and we went to see Star Wars hehe nerds

Describe your relationship in one word?
Happy!
Pet Names?
Aw how sad we don't really have any!  Dan calls me Heddie but lots of people do so I guess that doesn't count...and like mister, and monkey and so on but well I use those pet names on everyone...geez this may be a serious problem, may need to work on this hahaha
First impressions? 
Well, depends which first you mean, Dan doesn't remember me from the first party i met him at, and I thought he was a snob then :P  hahaha, the msn occasion, I dont know what Dan thought of me but I thought he was funny and cool :)  then at Fee's 21st I thought Dan was nice because well he and his friend Jack were friendly and funny, which always scores points with me :)  That was the reason I added both of them to msn, at the time not thinking of anything other than friendship haha!
Who chased who?
I think I was the chaser, simply because I instigated the msn chats, and organised the "casual get together" at Tom's place hehehe but we were both pretty shy I think. Also Dan's 21st was just after Fee's, and so when I saw him again I had made him a "mix tape" cd hahaha I think that is the lamest and most obvious "i like you" thing to do in retrospect, but at the time it seemed totally cool cause I made them for lots of friends!!  mix tape hussy hahahaha


What made you fall in love with them? 
Dan is a complete romantic, that was a big scoring point for him and also his sense of humour.  Affection and laughter, what more could anyone ask for?
Sweetest thing they have done for you?
Ahh because of the aforementioned romanticness, there are far too many things to pick a "sweetest" but I will tell you the first incredibly sweet thing that swept me off my feet :)  We had been going out for a month, and after one of his visits to Toowoomba I got a letter in the mail, well an envelope filled with lots of little folded red hearts. I had to read the white one first which told me that I had to find the heart with the next instruction. Big grins on my face I unfolded all of them before I found the one with the message lol and it said to go and look on top of my wardrobe.  Completely losing my nut at this point with all the intrigue, I raced to my room and saw that there was indeed a huge box on my wardrobe ahahaha don't know how I'd missed it before but there you go.  Opened it and it was filled with so many treasures!  Some perfume and other presenty goodies, and also a Brisbane refadex (or however thats spelled) with post it note bookmarks and directions to his house in Brisbane :)  Luckily my housemate Will was at work cause I was blubbering from how nice it was! So much effort and sneakiness haha first time someone had made me feel so special and loved.  And you know since then there have been so many things, a surprise holiday to propose was another great one :)
Best thing about your accomplice?
His big heart and beautiful smile, and the little picture books he sometimes makes me starring us as stick people hehehehe
Where can we find more about you? 
Well I don't update it regularly, but I have a blog at http://heddie83.livejournal.com - it's quiet at the moment but if you're interested our recent European shenanigans are on there :)

2 comments: